Santander Bank, NA Senior Risk Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Risk Analyst - 1803253
As a member of Santander’s Global Corporate Banking (GCB) division, you’ll be part of a global business unit that provides tailored services and high value-added wholesale products to client companies with a global presence and over $500m in annual revenue. The four areas of GCB US include:
- Corporate & Investment Banking: This area receives the support of GCB local and global product teams and is split in two groups: Large Corps that covers clients with revenues between $500 and $2Bn; and Global Relationship Model (MRG) that covers clients with annual revenues in excess of $2bn.
- Global Transactional Services: A product team specialized in bilateral lending, trade finance, and Cash Management.
- Financial Solutions and Advisor y: A product team specialized in syndicated loans, project finance, debt capital markets, equity capital markets and tax equity.
- Fixed Income Sales: A product team specialized in the sale of instruments to hedge interest rate risk and exchange rate risk of corporate clients’ liabilities.
Responsible for various activities relating to assessing risk management performance. The Senior Risk Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk assessment programs.
- Executes, reviews, or evaluates controls via a quality assurance program and recommends opportunities for improved control efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction for Compliance, Operational Risk, and AML risks.
- Conducts first line of defense risk and compliance testing to provide assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of
business line controls and processes
- Performs walkthroughs with business line to identify key risks and identify controls in place to mitigate those risks
- Creates process flowcharts to document the process (including inputs, outputs, and control points)
- Performs control design evaluation to determine if the controls, as designed, would mitigate those risks
- Performs control effectiveness testing; summarize results of testing through reports and presentations, and formally
document issues/risks identified through testing
- Reviews identified risks and negotiates actions with business lines
- Implements quality controls/processes and determine resolution steps for quality issue, with escalation and reporting as
- Manages and has defined authority level to negotiate with the business to alter processes or control execution designs
- Track agreed actions and course correct with business as needed (granted authority).
- Reports (MIS and engagements) and escalates as necessary to risk management team (including 2nd line of defense)
- Drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience; AML, Compliance, Audit, or Risk Certification preferred, or willingness to obtain.
- At least 5 years of banking experience within general risk functions, control identification and/or control effectiveness
- In-depth research and analysis skills
- Strong ability to interpret and communicate risk and compliance test results, control design analysis, process mapping, issue resolution management
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Requires limited travel to the New York office
Job : Audit
Primary Location : Massachusetts-Boston
Other Locations : New York-New York
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 15, 2018, 1:38:17 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO